About this course
We are going to keep it simple. If you find yourself obsessively "tidying up" your paintings and drawings, then this class is for you. Restraint never looked so good!
Join me for 6 projects/exercises to loosen you up.......
Class begins: August 3rd and projects will post Monday, Wed, Fri, and then again on Monday. The supply list will be sent to you on July 27th and you can also find the links below. After August 3rd, 2015....the class will be a self paced class for you to work through on your own.
- face shape exercise
- beginnings of painting a face with only black and white
- tag project to help loosen you up
- primitive animal exercise
- finished piece on watercolor paper
- finished work on wood board
GUEST ARTIST: Nolwenn Petitbois!!
I am a young woman born and raised in France during more than 23 years before becoming an expatriate with a husband and two young daughters, in Vancouver (Canada). I was a very creative child but put it aside during teenagehood. I am an avid journaler, I’ve written diaries since I’m 7 or so and writing is really something I need to free my Soul. I realized that the emotions and events are often better on paper than consuming me from the inside. - Nolwenn
Here is a list of all the supplies for this class:
- stabilo graphite pencil
- wood board - I use 8x8 size
- super heavy gesso
- catalyst wedge - no. 6 gray
- deli paper
- ephemera - book pages, lotka paper, washi tape, old ledger paper, etc
- collage pauge matte
- dina wakley brushes
- ranger craft tag
- cheapie watercolor set (any ol' set will do. you see me use reeves)
- GAC100 - Golden acrylic polymer
- muslin fabric
- washi tape
- deli paper
- hot press watercolor pad
- bleeding tissue paper
paint colors you'll see me use:
- blick titanium white
- primary magenta - golden
- target craft acrylic paint - avocado (golden's green gold would also work well)
- americana - fiery red (neon)
- blick matte acrylic - blue light
- paynes gray - blick heavy body artists acrylic
- titan buff - golden
- quin. burnt orange - golden (also quin. nickel azo gold would work great)
*******PLEASE NOTE: Because of the length of this class, there is NOT going to be a facebook group. You are welcome to utilize the comments section to share and comment on other's work.